SOCIAL MEDIA ADDICTION TREATMENT
What is Social media addiction ?
Social media addiction is a behavioral addiction that is defined by being overly concerned about social media, ruled out by an unavoidable urge to log on to or use social media, devoting so much time and effort to social media that it starts to affect some other life aspects.
Checking and scrolling social media has become an increasingly popular activity over the last 10 years and there is a percentage of people who get addicted to the use of social media. Social media addiction looks like just any other substance abuse disorder and also includes mood changes, cognitive preoccupation with social media, tolerance, withdrawal, and emotional symptoms when they are restricted from using social media. This is when treatment becomes a need for the addict and you can now get the best treatment for social media addiction in Gurgaon.
Causes and symptoms of social media addiction
The most recognized causes of social media addiction are:
– Personal dissatisfaction
– Low self-esteem
– Lack of affection
The next question that arises is, what constitutes social media addiction? The boundaries are blurred, but there are a few indicators that give a good idea as to the existence of dependence on social media. The usual symptoms are:
– Checking social media as the first thing in the morning and the last thing at the night
– Using social media while walking
– Feel bad about not getting views/likes
– Feeling stressed when the smartphone is not in hand
– Feeling irritated when there is no access to the internet or if the social media network is down
– Using social media while driving
– Checking in wherever you go
– Feeling the need to share everyday things all the time
– Thinking that everyone else’s life is better than yours
Social media addiction can be as dangerous as any other addiction could be. So if you or someone you know is addicted to the use of social media, ask them to get into treatment before it gets too late and starts to consume them. Our rehabilitation gives out the best treatment for social media addiction in Gurgaon.
Types of therapy for Social Media Addiction treatment
Treatment for social media addiction is similar to treating any type of addiction. The treatment involves cognitive behavioral therapy, interpersonal therapy, and support groups.
is a problem-focused type of behavioral treatment that focuses on helping patients consider the relationship between beliefs, thoughts, and feelings and following the behavior patterns and actions. During CBT, patients learn that their perceptions influence directly responses to specific situations. The therapists use techniques that include relaxation, social, physical, and thought exercises to raise the patient’s awareness of his/her emotional and behavioral patterns.
is a type of treatment that concentrates on enhancing interpersonal connections and actual social relationships with friends, parents, and others. This therapy purposes to find new methods of interaction and includes developing communication techniques and strategies.
support groups are helpful in the treatment of social media addiction, these support groups should be applied to help addicts in attaining support that facilitates recovery. Couples counseling could be a necessary part of recovery whose marital relationship has been negatively affected by social media addiction.
– Turn off your notifications
– Remove your phone from the morning routine
– Placeless weight on your social media appearance
– Digital detox
– Opt for analog alternatives
– Self-disclosure on social media lights up some part of the brain that also ignites when taking an addictive substance. The reward area in the brain and its chemical messenger pathways affect decisions and sensations.
– You cannot cure this addiction but yes you can get rid of it by following proper measures or you can just get yourself into treatment. You can now get the best treatment for social media addiction in Gurgaon.
– Social media can capture and scatter your attention and it shrinks parts of the brain associated with maintaining attention which can make you addicted to social media use.
– Yes you will get better if you quit using social media for some time, this will help your mind to relax for a bit. You can also get into therapy if your symptoms have worsened.